Professional Fitness For the Entire Family
Meet The trainers
At Trifecta Athletics, fitness isn’t just a solo journey.
Our trainers are all former college and pro-athletes. They strive to create professional programs that work specifically for you to meet your fitness goals while challenging your body, mindset, and habits. Want to meet our specialized team?
MEET OUR TRAINERS
CEO & Director of Training / Baseball Instructor / Trainer:
Eric Johnson is the founder and director of management operations. Trifecta Athletics was established in 2009 and without Eric none of this would be possible. He was born, 1977 and grew up in Shallotte, NC where he started his football and baseball career. He continued his legacy and efforts at Western Carolina University where he received his Bachelor’s in Parks & Recreation.
Eric is one of the most notable and experienced trainers we have from our entire staff. He is well-established and Trifecta is just the beginning of many of his milestones. Eric was drafted as So-Con player of the year back in 1997, where he later continued his football & baseball career in the professionals. He played pro ball with the Cleveland Indians along with getting drafted in football to the Chicago Bears. Eric is a very decorated athlete and brings a great deal of value to Trifecta.
Eric is dedicated to effectively excelling in helping baseball athletes reach their fullest potential in defensive fundamentals and hitting performance. He coordinates all the youth development camps while implementing exercising regiments that are suitable for men & women.
Eric provides clients with extensive workout programs that will overall maximize the efficiency of their health. He devotes himself to providing elite services to each person that steps foot in Trifecta and will make you feel a part of the Family at Trifecta.
- Collegiate Baseball Athlete (Hall of Fame @ WCU)
- Professional Football (Chicago Bears) / Baseball (Cleveland Indians & Boston Red Sox
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer
Facility Manager/ Baseball Trainer/ Strength Trainer
- Seth is from Middletown, NY, north of New York City. He began playing baseball at a young age and focused all his training around making him a better baseball player. He played in High School where he was named to the All Section Team. He helped lead his American Legion team to 2 NYS State Championships . He then went on to SUNY Brockport where he majored in Sports Management with a concentration in programming and Minored in Coaching.
- During his time in college, he played 2 seasons of baseball, he began coaching the local High School Junior Varsity team, and his senior year of college, was a Baseball Operations Intern at The Ripken Experience in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Shortly after graduating college he moved to Charlotte.
- Seth likes to incorporate a lot of mental strengthening in his coaching philosophy, which allows athletes to stay composed in stressful competitive situations. He was trained by Rick Scarpulla, Former West Point Strength Coach, from when he was 17 to 22. He incorporates a lot that he learned from him into his strength training programing. Most importantly, “Strong Mind, Strong Body”. Seth preaches always being coachable and paying close attention to detail. He wants to help players make strong connections with the body to utilize explosive power when hitting and pitching.
Assistant Director of Programming / Baseball Instructor / Trainer
Trey is a northern native from Edgewood, Maryland. He attended the University of North Carolina Charlotte, William Peace University, and Blue Mountain College where he received a Bachelor’s in Business Marketing & Management with a concentration in Sports Kinesiology.
Trey began his career at Trifecta as an intern and has established himself as a valuable asset to the family. Trey manages the physical and logistic operations of Trifecta and he is devoted to revitalizing the lifestyle of his clients by providing clarity to their specific goals, pushing each client past their limits, and achieving the most from their fitness goals physically, mentally and emotionally. Being unified with the fitness life and influencing the youth and many other age groups has personally created a passion to help others in achieving the most from what they hope to obtain. He combines resistance and calisthenics training with weights, intense movement, and agility exercises. This foundational fusion focuses on deep-conditioning and is meant to improve overall health, muscle tone, and mobility and it is suitable for both men and women of all ages, shapes, and sizes.
Trey challenges his clients and believes that any great outcome starts with a strong foundation. His ability to diversify amongst his clients allows him to develop young athletes, college athletes, and adults. A few core values that he establishes with his clients are to have fun, embrace the process, and make fitness a lifestyle. Trey believes if you focus on the purpose, you can push through the pain.
- Collegiate Baseball Athlete Academic All-American (2013)
- Southern Collegiate Batting Champion-Charlotte Galaxy
Jemaydi Mateo (Jay)
Jay is one of our Strength Coaches here at Trifecta. He has been with us for one year coming from New York prior to moving to Charlotte. Jay preaches that exercise has changed his life. As a former Collegiate Baseball Player, he has enjoyed training and competing since childhood.
Despite his love for baseball, Jay found out that being an athlete helped him through anxiety, depression, and improved his overall health. Coach Jay believes that sport and exercise is the best tools to build a stronger body and support better health. He has now dedicated his life to personal training and helping people achieve their best body and mind.
His priority is to help people achieve their goals in a safe and effective manner. Outside of working with athletes, Jay has also helped clients transition after physical therapy, pre and postnatal, and weight loss.
- Jay Is one of our Baseball Trainers at Trifecta Athletics. Jay is from Shallote, NC where he was an named a Brunswick High School All American and Rawlings All American.
- Jay was drafted in the 2010 MLB Amateur Draft by the Cleveland Indians. Jay decided to go onto pitch at NC State, Faulkner University, and Walterstate Community College. He was then drafted again by the Houston Astros in 2014.
- Jay runs his training program specified to increase bat speed and arm strength. Jay does 1 on 1 training for all ages
Lead Basketball Instructor
- Austin Desant BIO Coming Soon
Denzel is a Strength Coach for us at Trifecta Athletics. He was raised in Orlando, Florida. He played defensive back for 8A West Orange high school before he transferred to 2A Foundation Academy. Denzel has received many honors over his sports career including 2-time All State and All District Honors and 2012 Super60 member. Denzel received a full scholarship to UNC Charlotte, where he earned a double major degree in Sociology and African American Studies. He has coached 7 on 7 team for the ADP Foundation, and currently coaches at Butler High school.
Build. Motivate. Grow.
Join the Newsletter
Mon - Fri: 6AM - 7PM
Sat: 9AM - 5PM
Sun: 12PM - 6 PM